Friday, January 8, 2010

woah...I dropped the ball

It's pretty impressive how quickly I dropped the ball on this project.
But in 2010 I picked up the ball again. I found it under the couch. Covered in dust and cat hair.

I made this song for a silly contest at my college. You have to pick out an art piece from their collection, get inspired by it, and spit some kind of art work back. This is my dribble.

This dude Xu Bing was sent by the Chinese government on a rustification program where he had to learn to farm. While there he made a wood print of a vegetable field. This was considered a radical piece of art because it didn't say anything about how great the Chinese Government was.

The song is called: The government saw politics, Xu Bing saw a farm

I have noticed that most of the creations I make on my own sound really melancholy...my next song will sound peppier. Oh, and this whole thing was made on a guitar with a broken G-string and I used a drum stick as a slide.

No comments: